Inspired by the concept of “elevator pitches” – where you present an idea to an important person you (supposedly) just met on the elevator – we’d like to introduce a series here on IR Blog: the PhD Pitch.
- Find a way to describe your idea in less than 200 words
- …that’s different from the abstract you used for that conference last month
- Alternatively, make a video, info graphic, flow chart …. you name it
- How can non-experts relate to it?
- Why do you think it’s a fascinating project?
- What would ideally happen once it’s published?
The “call for pitches” is open to current PhD candidates, prospective grad students, post-docs with a new project … well, anyone really. We’d love to hear from you!